Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yummy times assured at Sammy's!

A friend of mine had been raving about this Mexican joint ‘Sammy Sosa’ since he ate there. Being the crazy foodie I am, I just had to check it out. Though I had missed a couple of good opportunities to visit it in the past, I finally decided to go for it. The only cause of my disappointment is that I checked it out too late... It’s a breath of fresh air compared to many other eateries out there.

A friend and I went there recently and found that it was fully occupied on a weekday! The staff was really friendly and considerate and they asked us to wait for a half hour for our table but made place for us in 15-20 mins. Initally, we were seated outside, but we shifted indoors soon as their indoors area is quite vivid and colorful (in a good way). They have a good variety in drinks and we surely indulged ourselves after scanning through the options available. The quality of the booze was quite good and we found ourselves ordering consecutive rounds ;)

I was pleasantly surprised with the variety and the taste of the food. The food had extremely fresh flavors and I was able to savor all the spices distinctly. It was a wonderful surprise as I do check out quite a lot of restaurants and I have been disappointed more often than not. It has a great selection of starters, salads and varied main course offerings. The negatives if I would have to point out, are that sitting outside is a nice option but not next to the plants as mosquitoes are as common there as foodies like me. Also, the menu was written in really small fonts which might pose some trouble for the elderly and they definitely need more choices in their offered deserts.

Something rare - The senior waiters are quite knowledgeable about the drinks offered in the menu, so feel free to ask them for tips on the spirit for you or for info on apt mixers!

Overall this place is really good for food lovers. The service and the cuisine is amazing and I am looking forward to go back soon and try more dishes. While leaving I heard a kid telling his mother how yummy the food was, and I couldn’t agree more! Sammy Sosa’s (at Oshiwara, Mumbai) surely knows how to indulge its patrons!

No comments:

Post a Comment