Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Seriously.... WTF!!





























To say that I am a foodie.. is a serious understatement! There are people who eat to live and then there are certain people who live to eat.. Obviously, I belong in the latter category. Going out to some of the latest, newest and the most interesting food and drink joints around my city is one of those things I just love to do. After hearing a whole lot about the casual joint WTF at Versova, I finally decided to check it out.

One thing I have to point out is their ridiculous no stags policy for weekend nights.. Some months back I had experienced it when a huge group of male friends and I decided on WTF versova and this policy truly irked us! Nonetheless, this time I went there on a weekend with some friends (read-FEMALE friends) and we finally got a chance to check this place out.

If I look at the ambience, it is just about fine. There is nothing that makes you remember the place and nothing about it is too ghastly either. They have tried to come up with a casual look for the place that exudes a very relaxed vibe and they have done that well. However, Dirty yellow umbrellas hanging upside down from the ceiling that displays the dirt it has accumulated over the years is quite disturbing and needs to be changed.

It was time for drinks and I ended up ordering a Long island iced tea and a simple martini. The Long island iced tea was just about average and the quality of alcohol wasnt impressive at all (I know its not Hard Rock Cafe but a man can have expectations). The martini was what really disappointed me.. It had a pungent pepper like flavor that really killed the drink (The only enjoyable aspect of the martini were the fresh olives!)

Then the glutton inside me was screaming for food and we ordered quite a few dishes.. The food menu of WTF Versova is full of starters, food that you can munch on with drinks and they dont serve main courses per say.. We ordered the teriyaki sausages and they were surprising full of flavor and quite delicious. Next we went on with Jalapeno poppers and they were quite mediocre as they didnt have the usual spicy kick that you get with any Jalapeno preparation. I have also checked out WTF Khar in the past and my common observation is that they dont know how to prepare red meat preparations like South indian and Sri lankan beef! Nonetheless, their menu is comparatively limited but you will have many options to try out if you keep an open mind to order vegetarian entrees.

Till here, my experience of WTF Versova was just about alright but it went all downhill from here. We all ended up chatting up till late hours and the place had to close down. Though the place was packed at closing time, the waiter got the check without asking us which got us a little irked. Later, the waiter also rudely reminded us twice to pay up and we ended up giving him a piece of our mind.

The management has to improve its service!!!! (The extra exclamation marks are a testament of how strongly I feel about it) WTF Versova doesnt have the best ambience, food or drinks and in this scenario, if your service doesnt improve.. It is going to lead to a loss in business. The next time I want to have great food and drinks I wont hesitate in skipping WTF Versova and opting for Indigo Cafe in its vicinity or Alfredos in Juhu to name a few.. The western suburbs in mumbai are full of great joints that service their patrons well and WTF Versova just didnt make the cut...

No comments:

Post a Comment